Saturday: San Cristobal Island: Airport / PM San Cristobal Island: Punta Pitt
Sunday: AM Santa Fe Island: Santa Fe Island / PM South Plaza Island: South Plaza Island
Monday: AM Santa Cruz Island: Charles Darwin Research Station / PM Santa Cruz Island: Optional activities
Tuesday: AM Española Island: Punta Suarez / PM Española Island: Gardner Bay
Wednesday: AM Baltra Island: Baltra airport
Puerto Baquerizo Moreno/Punta Pitt (San Cristobal Island)
Arrival by plane to San Cristobal Island and transfer to the Santa Cruz, anchored at Puerto Baquerizo Moreno, the provincial capital of the Galapagos Islands. Cabin assignment, introductory talk, boat drill and lunch.
Punta Pitt (San Cristobal Island)
In the afternoon, we disembark on the eastern tip of the island at Punta Pitt, an eroded tuff cone, whose trail provides spectacular views of the shoreline. This is the only site in the Galapagos where the three species of boobies can be found together. We can walk or enjoy a panga ride along the coast.
Santa Fe Island
After breakfast, we take the panga over to this idyllic sandy-white beach populated by many sea lions. The endemic land iguana, unique to this island, may be spotted during the morning walk amid the giant prickly pear cactus. Snorkelling and swimming from the panga rounds off our rewarding experience, or if guests prefer, the glass-bottom boat provides an incredible view for non-snorkelers.
South Plaza Island
Following lunch and a rest, we disembark in this channel, whose turquoise waters contrast brilliantly with the white sand and black lava of the shoreline. Beyond, a carpet of scarlet sesuvium succulents serves as groundcover for a grove of luminescent green prickly-pear cactus. Yellow-grey land iguanas sit beneath these, waiting patiently for prickly-pears to drop. Along the coastline one finds sea lion colonies, while frigatebirds, swallow-tailed gulls and shearwaters glide.
Puerto Ayora and the Charles Darwin Research Station (Santa Cruz Island)
In the morning, we disembark (dry landing) for our visit to the Charles Darwin Research Station’s giant tortoise Breeding Centre within an impressive giant prickly-pear cactus forest home to many land birds. This station is the headquarters of scientific investigation, conservation and the National Park’s administration. Following our visit, we board our transport to enjoy lunch in the cooler highlands of Santa Cruz Island, a completely different ecosystem.
Santa Cruz Island
We have several options available for the midday and afternoon (hiking, mountain biking or kayaking in Tortuga Bay), which can be discussed in advance with your Expedition Leader. At the end of the afternoon’s activities, we return to Puerto Ayora and embark on the Santa Cruz II.
Punta Suarez (Española Island)
An exciting walk awaits at this site, where we enjoy its unique sea bird colonies, including waved albatrosses (April – December), Nazca boobies, blue-footed boobies, and swallow-tail gulls as well as a view of the Galapagos’ famous “blow-hole”. Also, look out for red-green-black marine iguanas. Back on board for lunch.
Gardner Bay (Española Island)
In the afternoon, the picture-postcard white coral beach of Gardner Bay provides a beautiful setting for observing sea lions, mockingbirds, finches as we relax. We can expect great snorkelling in this area.
Our journey ends at Baltra Island, where we transfer to the airport to take the flight back to the mainland. Baltra’s flat substrate (due to its uplifted origin) is the reason why the island was chosen back in the 1940s as the location to building an airport.
- Please remember that the exact route and programme may vary according to weather and ocean conditions and the wildlife we encounter
- Itineraries and programme are subject to change without previous notice due mainly to readjustment of the National Park policies and regulations, weather conditions, seasonal changes or safety reasons
- Dry landing: guests step from the dinghy onto rocks or a dock
- Wet landing: as the dinghy edges onto a sandy beach, guests step into knee-deep water and wade ashore
- We charge guests who wish to bring bottles of wine and/or spirits aboard our vessels a corkage fee
- We can include the Galapagos National Park entrance fee of US$ 100 and Migration Control Card Fee of US$ 20 (subject to change). However, please note that, due to administrative and operational reasons, these fees can only be included when guests travel on the operation departure date. This service does not apply for guests who travel before a departure date (even if the departure is with us).
Master Cabin $ 5442.00
Horizon Deck – Family Explorer Cabin $ 3388.00
Horizon Deck – Explorer Cabin $ 3604.00
Horizon Deck – Voyager Cabin $ 4156.00
Expedition Deck – Explorer Cabin $ 3748.00
Panorama Deck – Explorer Cabin $ 3860.00
Panorama Deck – Suite Darwin $ 4372.00
**In high season like Christmas and New Year there is a charge of US$ 159 per adult and $117 per child.
**All prices are subject to change without prior notice.
The rate includes:
- All meals
- Island sightseeing
- Naturalist guides and lecture services in English/Spanish (guiding in other languages – French, Italian – is available upon request for groups larger than 10 guests and for German groups is a minimum of 4 guests)
- Snorkelling gear
- Luggage handling
- Medical care on board (not including the cost of medication)
- Transfers in the islands
- Shared transfers from main hotels in Quito (Casa Gangotena, Hilton Colon, Sheraton, Marriott, Dann Carlton) and in Guayaquil (Hilton Colon, Oro Verde, Hampton Inn, Sheraton, Unipark) to airport for flights to/from Galapagos are included in these rates. To coordinate these transfers, we must have guests’ hotel contact information.
- Wet Suits: Available for rent, NET rate US$ 15 + VAT per guest for 5- or 6-day expeditions
- Air transportation to / from Galapagos and airport taxes (subject to change without previous notice)
- Galapagos National Park entrance fee (US$ 100 subject to change without previous notice)**
- Migration Control Card (US$ 20 subject to change without previous notice)**
- Fuel surcharge
- Alcoholic ***- and non alcoholic beverage
- Internet / Wi-Fi ****
- Gifts and additional items
- Travel insurance