Saturday: Baltra Island: Airport / PM Chinese Hat Islet: Chinese Hat Islet
Sunday: AM Santa Cruz Island: Dragon Hill / PM Rábida Island: Rábida Island
Monday: AM Isabela Island: Puerto Villamil, Sierra Negra Volcano / PM Tortoise Breeding Center
Tuesday: AM Floreana Island: Post Office Bay & Baroness Viewing Point / PM Floreana Island: Champion isle & Cormorant Point
Wednesday: AM San Cristobal Island: Cerro Brujo & Leon Dormido / PM San Cristobal Island: Lobos Island
Thursday: AM Santa Cruz Island: Charles Darwin Research Station, Highlands / PM Santa Cruz Island: Puerto Ayora free time
Friday: AM Española Island: Suarez Point / PM Española Island: Gardner Bay
Saturday: AM Daphne Island / Airport
Upon arrival at Baltra airport, you will clear immigration and be met by your guide, who will escort you on a short bus ride to the harbor. A motorized dinghy will then transfer you to the Celebrity Xploration, where the captain and crew will welcome you aboard.
Sombrero Chino Islet
Sombrero Chino means “Chinese Hat”, a name that makes perfect sense as soon as you take a look at its unique shape. There are several interesting geographical formations that are ideal for scenic photos, and these are home to various marine species, such as Sally Lightfoot crabs and sea lions. Keep an eye out for different species of Darwin’s finches as well.
Dragon Hill (Santa Cruz Island)
As the name implies, Cerro Dragon (Dragon Hill) is known for its healthy population of land iguanas. Other locals include common stilts, pintail ducks and occasionally flamingos. A short walk up the hill leads you to a land iguana nesting site, with breathtaking views of the bay. You will have the chance to go snorkeling after the walk.
Rábida is a small island with red volcanic rocks surrounding a beautiful red sand beach, where there is a colony of sea lions and a pelican nesting site. The trail leads to a salt-water lagoon where shore birds can be seen. Activities include snorkeling, swimming, kayaking or dinghy ride.
Puerto Villamil (Isabela Island)
There are many unique and exciting opportunities on your visit to Puerto Villamil and its spectacular surrounding areas. Hike up to Sierra Negra Volcano, visit the tortoise breeding center, the wetlands or the infamous “Wall of Tears”. You can stroll through town and mingle with the locals, or just lie on the beautiful beach and do nothing at all.
Post Office Bay & Baroness Viewing Point (Floreana Island)
Post Office Bay is home to a unique “post office” inspired by 18th century pirates and buccaneers who used a wooden barrel as an unofficial mailbox. The tradition continues today as visitors leave addressed postcards in the barrel and sort through left mail to deliver at home. The Baroness’ Viewing Point is the ideal place to take in the unique scenery that defines Floreana.
Champion Islet & Cormorant Point (Floreana Island)
After snorkeling at Champion Islet, you will visit Cormorant Point, where there is a beautiful lagoon that is home to flamingos, stilts and pintail ducks. A great site for birdwatching.
Cerro Brujo & Leon Dormido (San Cristobal Island)
In addition to the magnificent scenery, there is wonderful swimming and a dinghy ride at this visitor site. Cerro Brujo’s spectacular beach is home to a large colony of sea lions, and it is famous for being the first place in the archipelago that Charles Darwin visited. Later, you will sail by Leon Dormido, a 500 ft high rock formation that is a hangout for many bird species.
Visitors may have close encounters with sea lion pups, especially while snorkeling. However, this small islet offers much more, including blue-footed boobies, frigatebirds and even a glimpse at the second type of sea lion species found in the Galapagos: the fur sea lion.
Puerto Ayora & Highlands (Santa Cruz Island)
On your visit to the Charles Darwin Research Station you will gain insight into the extensive efforts underway to preserve the Galapagos Islands. You will also encounter the famous Galapagos tortoises that are the islands’ namesake. After the visit we will drive to the lush highlands of Santa Cruz to search for giant tortoises in their natural surroundings. In the afternoon you will have free time for shopping or mingling with the locals, or you can simply relax on board.
Punta Suarez (Española Island)
Punta Suarez is home to large populations of Nazca and blue-footed boobies, as well as the beautiful waved albatross (seasonally). The 10,000 to 12,000 pairs of albatross on Española represent the entire population of this species on the planet. They perform one of the most spectacular courtship rituals of the animal world.
Gardner Bay (Española Island)
Gardner Bay offers the chance to enjoy a pristine white sandy beach. In addition to being a nesting site for sea turtles, it is home to one of the most important colonies of sea lions in the archipelago. Activities include swimming snorkeling and kayaking.
Visitors are not allowed on this island due to its fragile ecosystem, but your guide will point out the island’s birdlife from the vantage point of the yacht’s deck and explain the important research that is underway.
- Xploration reserves the right to alter ITINERARIES and/or ACTIVITIES due to prevailing or forecast weather conditions, for technical or safety considerations or to meet National Park regulations. Itineraries may also vary due to force majeure or according to the need to refuel the vessel on certain Saturdays
- Cruise prices, Air tickets, National Park fee and TCT prices are subject to change without prior notice in the event of circumstances beyond our control
- In case of increase in fuel prices, fuel surcharge will apply
- Private transfers from Puerto Ayora to the airport in Baltra are available at an extra cost
- Single Supplements applies
- Children are accepted from the age of 7 years old onwards
- Children under 12 years sharing the cabin with an adult will benefit from a discount except Easter, Christmas and New Year cruises
- Children booked in double cabin for single use pay the adult rate
Upper Deck Cabin $ 6200.00
Main Deck Cabin with Balcony $6450.00
**During low season special rates applies
**During peak season Christmas (Dec 23-30) and New Year (Dec 30-Jan 06) a surcharge of $400 per person applies
The rate includes:
- All shore excursions with English speaking guides
- All meals & snacks while onboard
- Complimentary beverages including select wines & spirits
- Complimentary Internet access
- Private refrigerator
- Complimentary use of snorkeling equipment & 3mm “shorty” wet suits
- Complimentary use of Kayaks
- Sharing transfer between the airport in Baltra and the dock upon arrival & departure
- VIP lounge at the airport in Baltra on outgoing flights
- Sharing transfers between the following hotels and the airport for flights to / from Galapagos:
Quito: Marriott, Swissotel, Casa Gangotena and Plaza Grande
Guayaquil: Oro Verde, Hilton, Wyndham and Hampton Inn. Sharing transfers are only provided upon previous confirmation exclusively for our operational cruise dates using our Avianca flights AV 1634, 1635
- Roundtrip airfare to Galapagos
- Galapagos National Park entrance Fee $100 per adult / $50 per child under 12 years
- Galapagos Transit Control Card $20 per person (adults and children)