La Selva Lodge: Great for Family Fun! Monkeys, parrots, piranhas and snakes. Need we say more?
Kids, parents, brothers, sisters, granddads, grannies, cousins, nephews, nieces and any other sort of relatives are welcome at La Selva Amazon Lodge! We’ve been creating memorable family moments for over a quarter century and we take great pride in being the most kid-friendly lodge in the Ecuadorian Amazon.
The jungle is a great place to be a kid! At La Selva Lodge you can kayak around the lake as you look for monkeys, climb up into our canopy tower to look for birds and swing on vines like Tarzan!
Kids get to do all of the regular great La Selva fun stuff, like hike in the jungle, ride the canoes around the lake and look for wildlife with trained, English-speaking guides. But because we love them so much, kids get some extras, too!
- Special kit for adventurers
- Crayons for drawing pictures of their day
- Excursions with specially trained guides
- Magnifying glasses to see tiny wildlife close-up
If your kids are a bit picky, no problem!!!! La Selva’s chefs have a lot of experience whipping up kid-friendly meals and snacks.
The La Selva Lodge Junior Naturalist Program! We love our naturalist guides. They speak multiple languages, including English, Spanish and Parrot. They can spot frogs on the trail that look just like leaves until someone points them out. They can tell which species of monkey is overhead just by hearing it move through the trees. What could be cooler than a naturalist guide? That’s why we’re proud to present our new Junior Naturalist program. Kids who want to participate will be given a list of things to do, including learning bird calls, finding food in the jungle, and paddling the canoes. Those who are found worthy will receive a great honor: they’ll be an official La Selva Lodge Junior Naturalist Guide!
Because the Amazon is a Great Place to fall in Love! What could be more romantic than spending your honeymoon in the Amazon Jungle?
Arrival to La Selva Are you ready for your amazing honeymoon Amazon adventure at La Selva? Today you will be taken to Quito airport for your flight to Coca. Upon arrival in Coca you will be assisted with transportation to the public dock where your Amazon Honeymoon will begin.
As you make your way down the 2 ½ ride on the Napo River in La Selva’s motorized canoe you’ll be presented with a great introduction into the beauty of the jungle. Locals will be by the riverside going along with their daily lives and of course, the scenery you pass by will leave you in complete awe.
When you arrive to La Selva’s dock there is no need to worry about your luggage. From here an enjoyable walk into the primary forest on a clearly laid out path will lead you to the edge of the lagoon’s wetlands. Here, more of La Selva’s personnel are waiting to paddle you to the lodge.
Upon your arrival to the lodge, the manager will greet you and provide you with a short introduction to the lodge and facilities with refreshing cocktails made special just for the both of you. In the intro, you’ll learn all you need to know about the following days you’ll be spending with us. Take some time to relax in your accommodations and later on in the evening, the first of many exciting memories will begin with your guide. Afterwards, dinner will be served with a complimentary bottle of house wine.
These two days will be filled with different activities scheduled by your guide. You’ll find yourselves exploring the deep Amazon jungle and learning more about this incredible ecosystem while listening to extraordinary sounds echoed within the forest walls and high above your head in the canopy. At the observation tower you’ll be provided with a bird’s eye view overlooking a sea of green where colorful birds dwell. Discover the hidden culture of the local tribes and learn about their ancient customs as they introduce you to their home and way of life offering food and stories as a warm welcome. In addition to all this, nothing is more romantic than watching the Amazon sun setting in the warm embrace of your loved one while gliding on the still waters of Lake Garzacocha.
While you are enjoying all of these wonderful activities you can be sure that our committed staff will be working hard behind the scenes to provide a one of kind and excellent service. Your suites will be cleaned and prepped daily and at night so that you can relax in utmost luxury while the sweet jungle sounds linger in to comfort you even more.
Don’t forget that on top of all this, a pampering session in La Selva’s Spa is included with a complete massage for both and you are free to choose a night to surprise your loved one with a romantic dinner with champagne included amidst the beautiful jungle scenery.
Your final day at La Selva has arrived, but without a doubt you are feeling more in love than ever before thanks to the unique setting of the Amazon. Today you’ll be transferred back to Coca, retracing the same steps you took to arrive. When you arrive to the airport La Selva representatives will make sure everything is ready to go and you’ll be soon on your way back to Quito. At the airport in Quito another La Selva representative will be waiting to take you back to your hotel.
Additional Quito Services
Many times, guests would like to spend extra time exploring more of Ecuador, especially in Quito. We’ve met your needs and have devised an excellent add-on service for you to enjoy the fabulous colonial city of Quito.
On the day you return from La Selva, you’ll be taken directly to your hotel after your arrival to Quito Airport where you can drop off your luggage and become acquainted with your accommodations.
After this you’ll be taken to the start of your Quito City tour. See the beautiful, historic, and colonial center just like a local! The vibrant life and cobblestoned streets will seem to take you back in time to the early eras when horse-drawn carriages were used and the beginnings of incredible architectural works of art were just beginning to be built.
Following the tour, you’ll be taken to enjoy a delicious dinner in the surrounding area of downtown Quito. Afterwards, you will then be able to relax in your hotel reliving all the wonderful moments you’ve spent at La Selva and Quito before your Ecuador tour comes to an end.
The following morning as you sign out of the hotel, one of our representatives will accompany you to help with your luggage and transport you to Quito Airport. Here our services will conclude and you will be on your way to your next destination.
- La Selva Ecolodge has activities and Wildlife Exploration Excursions
- During your free time, in between activities you can use our kayaks, swim in the lagoon, have a massage or just relax in your room and have a nap
- All excursions and times on this sample itinerary are subject to change and largely depend on weather, season, group limitations, group interests, and guide decisions based on passenger safety and organized operations
- During your free time, in between activities you can use our kayaks, swim in the lagoon, have a massage or just relax in your room and have a nap!
- Sample itinerary subject to change according to weather conditions or guide decisions. On the last day of your visit at La Selva, there will be no scheduled activities as you will be leaving in the morning to catch your flight in Coca returning to Quito.
- Luxury Accommodation in Quito, 2 nights
- Accommodation at La Selva Amazon Ecolodge, 4 nights
- 2 breakfasts at your hotel in Quito
- All meals included during your stay at La Selva Lodge
- All regularly planned guided excursions, such as wildlife walks and canoe tours of the lagoons and creeks near La Selva in a shared group
- Free use of rubber boots, guide books, etc.
- Transfers in and out from Quito International airport included (4 transfers)
- Transfer from Coca to La Selva Lodge includes a box Lunch
- Quito City Tour
- Airfare to Ecuador
- Airfare to and from Quito-Coca
- Personal expenses
- Tips for guides and lodge staff
- Other services not mentioned
- Alcoholic drinks
- Cash in small denominations (Visa & MasterCard are accepted at the Lodge)
- Sunhat + Sunblock
- Walking Shoes/Sneakers + Waterproof Sandals
- Socks: Tall socks that don’t slip easily inside rubber boots. Two pairs per day are ideal
- Light-weight, Earth- or Darkcolored, Long-sleeved Shirts and T-shirts
- Light-weight Quick-dry Hiking Pants
- Goretex Jacket
- Insect Repellent
- Binoculars (waterproof) + Backpack
- Headlamp (or Flashlight) + Extra Batteries
- Inexpensive Magnifying Glass (optional)
- Personal First Aid Kit + Medication
- Camera + Dry Bags
- Swimwear to use in the Spa or Hot Tub
- Rubber Boots are supplied at the lodge. Available size: 5 to 11 DO NOT BRING FOOD! It attracts unwanted guests.