Friday: Baltra Island: Airport / PM Santa Cruz Island: Charles Darwin Research Station
Saturday: AM Floreana Island: Post Office Bay / PM Floreana Island: Cormorant Point
Sunday: AM Española Island: Suarez Point / PM Española Island: Gardner Bay
Monday: AM San Cristobal Island: Pitt Point / PM San Cristobal Island: Cerro Brujo
Tuesday: AM San Cristobal Island: San Cristobal Airport
Baltra Airport ( Santa Cruz Island)
We arrive at Baltra Airport and transfer to the Itabaca Channel to take a ferry across to Santa Cruz Island. A 30-minute bus ride takes us to a restaurant in the Highlands of Santa Cruz Island to enjoy lunch.
Charles Darwin Research Station (Santa Cruz Island)
We visit the Charles Darwin Research Station and the giant tortoise pens within an impressive giant prickly-pear cactus forest home to many land birds. The campus houses the islands’ headquarters of scientific investigation, conservation and the National Park administration. Late afternoon stroll along the main street of Puerto Ayora. Captain’s welcome cocktail and dinner.
Post Office Bay & Baroness Cove (Floreana Island)
After breakfast, we land at Post Office Bay to visit the historic barrel that has been serving as a post office in the archipelago for over two centuries. Snorkelling off the beach.
Cormorant Point (Floreana Island)
Our visit to Punta Cormorant takes in an olivine-crystal beach for an easy walk by a brackish water lagoon where bird species like greater flamingos may be observed. On the other side of the island, we come to a white-sand beach where sea turtles come out at night to nest. We can usually snorkel at the “Champion Islet” site, inflatable dinghy ride or ride in our glass-bottom boat.
Punta Suárez (Española Island)
Our morning outing at Punta Suárez provides an exciting walk on lava/boulder terrain to visit its unique sea bird colonies, including the waved albatrosses, boobies, swallow-tail gulls, and the famous “blowhole”. Also, look for red-green-black marine iguanas.
Gardner Bay (Española Island)
In the afternoon, we set down at this beautiful, white coral beach for a short walk to observe the sea lions, mockingbirds, finches or enjoy the beach. There is great snorkelling in this area, or else there’s time to kayak, inflatable dinghy-ride or ride the glass-bottom boat.
Punta Pitt (San Cristobal Island)
In the morning, we land on the eastern tip of the island. The trail that ascends from the beach provides spectacular views of the shoreline and is the only site in the Galapagos where the three species of boobies can be found together, as well as the two frigate species, plus a colony of bachelor sea lions. After the walk, if conditions are favourable, there is a chance to swim, kayak or snorkel from the beach or an inflatable dinghy ride.
Cerro Brujo (San Cristobal Island)
In the afternoon following lunch on board, a dinghy ride along the shores of tuff-stone layers takes us to Cerro Brujo’s expansive, white coraline beach, great for walking, with rewarding birdwatching including good views of seabirds and shore birds.
Puerto Baquerizo Moreno (San Cristóbal- Chatham Island)
After breakfast, we depart to pier and airport for our flight back to the mainland.
- Please remember that the exact route and programme may vary according to weather and ocean conditions and the wildlife we encounter
- Itineraries and programme are subject to change without previous notice due mainly to readjustment of the National Park policies and regulations, weather conditions, seasonal changes or safety reasons
- Dry landing: guests step from the dinghy onto rocks or a dock
- Wet landing: as the dinghy edges onto a sandy beach, guests step into knee-deep water and wade ashore
- We charge guests who wish to bring bottles of wine and/or spirits aboard our vessels a corkage fee
- We can include the Galapagos National Park entrance fee of US$ 100 and Migration Control Card Fee of US$ 20 (subject to change). However, please note that, due to administrative and operational reasons, these fees can only be included when guests travel on the operation departure date. This service does not apply for guests who travel before a departure date (even if the departure is with us).
Master Cabin $ 3628.00
Classic Cabin $ 3468.00
Classic Family Cabin $ 3468.00
Standard Cabin $ 3268.00
**In high season like Christmas and New Year there is a charge of US$ 152 per adult and $110 per child.
**All prices are subject to change without prior notice.
The rate includes:
- Shore excursions
- All meals
- Bilingual naturalist guides
- Conferences and lectures
- Visits to the islands mentioned in the itinerary
- Transportation to / from the airport in Galapagos
- Snorkelling equipment
- Internet and WiFi (intermittent and low-bandwidth).
- Airline tickets to/from Galapagos,
- Galapagos National Park admission fee ($100 per person, subject to changes without previous notice)**
- Transit Control Card for Galapagos ($20 per person, subject to changes without previous notice)**
- Wet suits (available for rent)
- Alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages
- Gifts and additional items